John Cox is going to meet a full room next Wednesday.
“Ban the Bible?”
This is an alert to everyone on the Reality Alert list that we need your help and action now.
If you live in California, this is of particular importance to you. If you live outside of California, you can still help, and that’s why I’m writing to you today.
Radical socialists who control the California state government are now trying to pass a law that offends freedom of religion and choice, and could ultimately lead to banning the sale of the Bible within the state.
If you live outside of California, please forward this urgent request to anyone you know that lives in California.
If you live in California, please act, and encourage others you know in California to act as well.
Ultimately, if AB 2943 passes in California, it will go nationwide.
But if you follow the instructions below, we can stop it together.
Here are 7 facts you should know and action steps to take.
Fact #1: What AB 2943 is
AB 2943 is a bill proposing a ban on religious freedom, by prohibiting any therapy, literature or seminars that offer counseling on same-sex attraction or gender confusion and teach a biblical worldview of sexuality.
The bill says,
“Advertising, offering to engage in, or engaging in sexual orientation change efforts with an individual” will become illegal.
Fact #2: What AB 2943 could do
This means that AB 2943 could:
- Make it illegal to have a Christian conference on sexuality and marriage from a Biblical perspective, if that conference discourages the homosexual behavior
- Make it illegal for pastors to encourage their church members that they can overcome same-sex attraction or gender confusion
- Make it illegal for bookstores or Amazon to sell books that teach a Biblical viewpoint on homosexuality and gender confusion – potentially including the sale of the Bible
Fact #3: Why it’s so dangerous
This bill threatens to punish any Christian, pastor, author or professional counselor for any financial transaction involving “sexual orientation change efforts.”
This could include a fine or an expensive lawsuit for any Christian college offering a class or seminar in Biblical sexuality, or for any Christian offering counseling in sexual orientation or gender identification. And yes, even the sale of Bibles could be the target for a lawsuit.
Fact #4: They want Christians to compromise their faith
This bill codifies into law what Assemblyman Al Muratsuchi said, “The faith community, like anyone else, needs to evolve with the times.”
You read that correctly: He thinks that as Christians, we must change our beliefs…and have no choice.
This bill creates an assault on any Biblical-based service that declares freedom in Christ over sexual sin or confusion, if money is exchanged for the service.
Fact #5: They are calling Christian beliefs “fraud”
The progressive socialists who are demanding this social engineering call this bill stopping “fraud.” These efforts do not constitute fraud – They express our sincerely held religious beliefs, which radical progressives are trying to stamp out.
I know those with gender confusion and same sex attraction who now live their lives in freedom according to their Biblical beliefs. I know former homosexuals who are now happily married to people of the opposite gender.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, people can change and find joy in living out their faith.
Fact #6: What’s happening now
This bill is now going for a final vote in the California State Assembly.
Here’s the next step in stopping the bill. We need to flood the State Assembly members with phone calls and emails. It’s the number of calls that will stop this bill. Too little and we prove the consensus of the church is impotent and no threat in California to their bad laws.
Tell your own Assembly member that you oppose AB 2943.
Fact #7: What you can do
You, your family members and friends can help with your phone calls. The more people that call and email, the more likely we are to win. Without the calls, we will lose.
We want you only to call your Assembly member in the district you live in. They only care about their reelection.
Here are 4 steps to help stop this dangerous bill:
1. Click here to find the name and contact information of the Assembly member in your district. You will probably talk to one of their staff members. When you call, be polite – but tell them that this bill AB 2943 is very concerning to you, and that you’re telling your friends, neighbors, and church members about it. Tell the Assembly member you would like them to vote NO on AB 2943. Tell them this bill is insulting to Christians and violates your religious beliefs.
Note: Don’t mention “Ban the Bible”. They will tell you a lie – that it won’t. They won’t tell you it is so poorly written it will lead to lawsuits and will create a ban. And then tell me what they said to you.
2. Email this letter to everyone on your email list that you think would be interested in helping to stop AB 2943 (see button below).
3. Share this email on your Facebook page, so that you can get the word out (see button below).
4. If you have not signed the petition against this, have friends who haven’t or want copies:
- Sign here: https://www.electionforum.org/petition-help-save-christian-therapy-books-and-schools-in-california/
- Print here: https://www.electionforum.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Help-Save.pdf
With your help, we can stop AB 2943.
Thanks so much in advance,
Election Forum/Reality Alert
Republican Club of the Foothills August Meeting August 31, 2018
Topic: practical plan to turn the Foothill area red.
Doors open at 7:00 p.m. ~ program begins at 7:30 p.m.
Where: Community Center of La Canada Flintridge
4469 Chevy Chase Drive, La Canada, 91011
We’ll be in the Arts and Crafts room BEHIND the big hall where we’ve been meeting.
Light refreshments will be offered
Cost: $5.00 at the door