Back in the day, Mrs. Black, my PoliSci 101 prof, elucidated the real rules for bureaucracies.
- Perpetuate its own existence.
- Extend its power and influence
- Defend and increase its budget and turf
- Complexify its internal operations
- Perform the function it was created for.
Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell has put out a picture of what that looks like in practice. On the right, 1,600 pages of Obamacare; on the left, 20,000+ pages of Obamacare regulations so far. In the words of the prophet Pelosi, “We have to pass it find out what’s in it.” Indeed.
This is a business killer, which is exactly what it was intended to be. Obamacare was from the start intended to nationalize the entire medical insurance industry and establish a Federal health management system as a sinecure for supporters of the Party of Socialism.